Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Unsolicited material

Apart from my day job with Anupam,I vivify my energy to write on various issues.I proclaim me as a writer of lesser God, reason of course that I am not very popular even though my articles are having the laurels of getting published in many overseas magazines.I often, have been advised by mentors that before sending any submissions to any publication,a thorough reasearch is mandatory to assess the likings and dislikings of readers of that particular magazine. But,upon my scrutiny,I find that most of the magazines are not agreeable to accept the unsolicited material. Now,there is a catch,non acceptance of unsolicited material does not mean that the magazine is not entertaining any unsolicited freelance writer.The editor is very clear in his concept to accept provided the writing material is being pitched properly and have some new dimension so as to suit his/ her readers,otherwise which editor will refuse a well crafted and professionally developed material with some new punch.I invite all new freelance writers to make a note of this posting and act accordingly.

No comments: