Monday, March 12, 2012

Psychosomatic Drug

I was standing near a drug store in Sukhumvit,Soi 33 on one sunday to whistle away the time. The owner of the shop was somewhat known to me.It was sultry weather,road was a bit desert looking during afternoon and I was exchanging my views with the Thai gentleman Tony, the owner of the drugstore. Since,I was from India and his mother belonged to the same place,he always have a special corner for Indians.My repeated visits in his shop incresed our relationship.

I was also lazing across the width of the shop without hindering the advancement of the consumers to Tony’s shop. At half past three p.m. a beautiful, very fair complexion, middle aged woman impeccably by dressed in a black suit approached Tony.

“Sir, can I get psychosomatic drug.”

Tony stared and with a little simper “Madam, there is no drug like that.”

For a moment, she was silent, but suddenly her face became reddish and scornfully replied, “What nuisance, such a big medical store, psychosomatic drug is not available.” She disappeared almost like a whisked car.

“Have you heard such type of medicine?” Tony questioned.

“No.”

I crossed the road to enter my hotel, just opposite to his shop and I tried to recollect my thoughts about this word. I remembered that this type of drug is related to ease out the tension, anxiety, anger, and hatred but, medical practitioners write some generic name which perhaps the woman is not aware.

To my knowledge, as per Norman Vincent Peale, the most sought out author of all time indicated in his famous book “The Power of Positive Thinking” that about 50 to 75 percent people are afflicted with this syndrome. The percentage may go up now because the said statistics was of the year of 1960. But, then why we suffer from this peculiar syndrome and what is the remedy?
I have no hesitation to say that this disease is not a disease,it is a disorder in system of any person arises because of lack in mental,spiritual and physical health.Everywhere " lack " is prevalent.People harp for more comfort,new gadgets,more money,more power and many more. This unlimited desires make people bit gloomy and despondency creates anxiety,tension,mental worries and ultimatelly deterioration of all the said health is inevitable. How to sort out and overcome this obnoxious situation,any idea?

I have some ideas how to cope up this situation.It is very simple as well as very hard unless the mind is controlled.To do this,first and foremost a sincere practice is to be adopted to take God as your partner.Mostly we remember God when things are not moving in right direction or when we are too happy. Of couse, periodically,we all visit temples,masjid and churches to show our respect.But,I am telling more than that and to make him as our partner in all our day to day endeavours. One thing is to be known emphatically that God does not produce any junk and anybody and everybody can make him partner in the similar fashion as we create life partners,business partners.Only difference that in business there is anxiety,tension,jealousy,anger
nepotism,favourism,credit mongering,politics and various other factors lead to mudslinging.The same is the case in social and family relatioship.But in partnership with God,this type of phonomenon does not arise becacuse He does not involve in agrument,He does not entertain criticism and even he does not show any
special feeling for anyone.Then why to partner with him,the reason "if God be for me,who can be against me?"

When you have to collaborate the partnership with God, you have to focus all your concentration with purity of mind and affirmation on God’s blessings. One has to remember that God does not produce any junk so He accepts partnership of anybody and everybody. Though to digest this type of conceptual thinking is not so easy, but by practicing the following religious rituals, one can build this partnership like we do in business and in our life.

a) “I expect the best and with God’s help will attain the best.”
b) “After your mind is polluted with environmental emotional disturbances, you have to call for God’s support.”
c) “With God’s help I am now emptying my mind of all anxiety, all fear, all sense of insecurity. I believe that my mind is now emptied of all anxiety, all fear, all sense of insecurity.”
d) I can do all the things through God’s help to strengtheneth me.
e) “God is always there with me to help me and shows me light”

All these utterings are to be chanted each for five times after immediately you wake up in the morning and also before retiring to bed at night.

Once this is imbibed in the subconscious mind, the intensity of concentration will zoom up automatically and you will feel tranquility and serenity in your life.

Initially, this path will be full of mental thorns but by successive practices will make you perfect. If someone can follow this practice religiously and rigorously, he does not have to depend on psychosomatic drug and will lead a blissful life. It is not my pre conceived conviction but this is based on my own practices and I believe what I believe.

No comments: