Saturday, March 24, 2012

Examofearlessness Psychology

When the examination is making a rat-tat to the door of every student, there will be a frightful countenance and mind will be afflicted with all sorts of numbness, dullness and insecurity. Some even get panicky and in the process, sometime commits suicide. This social phenomenon is very common all over the world. From my teaching experience for a short period, I have seen this syndrome which is prevailed even in the mind of bright students.

To overcome this situation, I have practiced the following three principles of my own doctrine of “examofearlessness psychology.”


1. Collapsing the Mind:

You have to totally collapse yourself physically and mentally in your sitting position. This means, your mind, body and your senses, all are to be relaxed to a level in which you will only enjoy with a blissful sequence. I know that it is not very easy to do so. Initially, you may not be able to do, but repetitive practices will definitely make you somewhat expert to learn this technique. To do this, you have to visualize a bag full of potatoes by closing your eyes, then, cut the seal of the bag and ensure that all the potatoes are coming out one by one. You have to do this thing in three manners i.e. prayerise, visualize and actualize. This simulation practice is to be adopted to free your mind from anxiety and make the mind tensionless.

2. Use of “examofearlessness psychology:

Before the examination, obviously, the mind will be full of “examofear psychology” like “what will happen if I do not pass, my parents will rebuke me and I will not be able to study further” and all these things will be pervasive throughout the mind with a consequence of deterioration in health also. To overcome this impasse, there is a need of chanting hymns. It will be on the lips even in the midst of the study. It must be uttered at equal interval of time,without distracting the attention from the study. Alternatively,this can be done when the concentration is losing. As stated above, the repetitive practice of this, will increase the concentration power but most importantly, it will reduce the anxiety level.

3. To activate Mind spiritually:
I do not expect that students will be so much so spiritually devoted at this juncture of their lives. But, believe me or not, all good and bright students are religious to the core. They may not be doing in the form of spirituality but they perform this activity by focusing their concentration completely so that any odd thought does not hover over their mind and in this process, they reduce their anxiety level. Even at the age of 60, I am continuously giving exams not for paper degree but for acquisition of knowledge. I follow the above principles religiously and rigorously, and so, there is no examofearlessness psychology, no anxiety and no tension on the eve of the examination. I do agree that people may react that it is very easy to say when there is no anxiety for getting good marks in exam,no need of further admission in college for higher study, as the case with me, anybody will not be perturbed. I do not agree. Anxiety is a cause and it is to be uprooted by different means and ways.The above is my theory.

I firmly believe that my student readers will be definitely able to accrue some benefit out of this posting.

No comments: