Thursday, April 19, 2012

Feeling for Nation

I was lazing on a wide road across a small lake near Zurich main station with one of my social female friends befriended in Mumbai airport.It was mid-march of the year 2005 The day was not so chilled,but I was feeling the punch even after wrapping with very warm clothes.The occasional cold breeze was blowing across the lake giving me little bit of uncomfortable feeling.We were chewing the nuts and exchaning our views particularly for the two countries,India and Switzerland. After finishing the snacks,I very casually tried to throw the empty packet in the lake.She snatched the packet abrupttly from me and put into the dustbin moving some five meters ahead.In first attempt,I could not identify the dustbin because it was so nicely placed and so nicely maintained.

"My dear sir,please don't do this here at Zurich,you will be penalized heavily for polluting the public property.Moreover,it is not India that you can grease the authority."

I expressed my regret,but at the same time was startled to hear her comment about India.
Upon scrutiny,I came to know that she was a cloth merchant from Zurich and used to visit India for her business purpose and is completely aware about our casual attitude for our public property. When she saw, I was bit embrassed, she said not to worry because in Zurich, they love to maintain public properties as much as they like their private properties. I am sharing this incidence that can we embrace upon this social thinking in our linear progression of thought process?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wonder when our feeling for nation will be awakened